This is a fantastic course for anyone looking to gain practical floristry skills. It’s a great opportunity to immerse yourself in a delicously scented floral environment and perhaps explore whether flowers might take you on a new career journey.
In our relaxed school room environment we introduce you to the foundations of floristry. It’s a high energy course and we encourage you to enjoy working with the natural beauty of seasonal flowers and take as many photographs of your work as possible – we’ll be there to guide you through capturing a great image. In our experience, these three days are often the start of a longer journey with us and so the images you take could be the foundations of your very first portfolio!
This 3 day course course suits anyone interested in learning the basics as a hobbyist as well as those interested in taking their first steps towards a career change. If you’re already considering a career change please note that you don’t have to complete our Floristry Foundation course in order to do so, you can simply jump ahead to our 2 or 4 week Career Change Course.
Course Content 2023 and 2024
- Flower conditioning and care.
- How to enjoy flowers sustainably.
- Photography – an introductory guide to capturing images of your work.
- Costing – an introduction to flower design costing.
- A low bowl arrangement. You’ll be working with a beautiful hard crafted bowl by Kendal ceramicist Rebecca Callis.
- A hand-tied bouquet tied with silk ribbons.
- A floral meadow in a recycled trough from EcoPots.
- A living wreath using seasonal plants, moss and twigs.
- A flower crown tied with silk ribbons.
- An opportunity to take part in the creation of a large installation.
All arrangements are yours to take home * including your bowl and EcoPots trough too giving you the opportunity to replicate your designs again at home!
Each day commences at 10.00 am and will finish at approximately 4.30pm.
Course Price – £750
Reserve your place by booking online or email us email@example.com
If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer!
Please read our Payments, Cancellations & Refunds Policy prior to booking.